About the UNCG Guarantee
Origin of the Program
As a result of a $6 million gift received from an anonymous donor in February 2009, the University of North Carolina at Greensboro implemented the UNCG Guarantee Program. The 2010-2011 academic year marked the beginning of this prestigious program.
Goals of the Program
UNCG Guarantee helps in-state students graduate from UNCG in four years with little or no debt as well as provides a support program to encourage academic and personal success. The university will make every attempt to meet the rest of the recipients' financial need through a combination of federal, state, university, and private grants and scholarships. Recipients will be provided with complementary systems of aid and outreach, vibrant, inclusive, sustainable learning environments, and caring, personalized and comprehensive support, thereby creating access to education and opportunities for success.
In order to be eligible for the UNCG Guarantee, the student must meet all of the following criteria:
- Admitted to UNCG
- North Carolina resident for tuition purposes
- Receive a combined SAT score of a 1000 or above on the Verbal and Math sections
- Pursue a first undergraduate degree
- Graduated from high school within the past eight months of your first enrollment at UNCG
- Enroll full-time during the regular academic year
- Have a family income that does not exceed 100% of poverty
- Qualify for federal student financial aid
- Must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA
To learn more, please visit the Eligibility Requirements page.