The Guarantee Program is a competitive and selective program for high-achieving students at UNCG. Students in the Guarantee Scholars Program will be held to additional expectations. Below you will find things to be considered if interested in this program. Please read the brief descriptions below:
Early Move-In Possibility For Welcome Program
- Traditionally, First-Year Guarantee Scholars are required to attend a three-day welcome program that takes place the Wednesday-Friday before classes begin in the fall. Scholars will move in on that Wednesday morning to be able to attend the full program.
Managing Community Learning Expectations
- As a first-year Guarantee Scholar, students will be expected to engage in community learning experiences with peers. During the first year these include but are not limited to, 2 weekend Leadership Retreats, Academic Skills Workshops, meetings with Guarantee staff, and engagement with mentors. Experiences will work around your class schedule but scholars are expected to fully engage.
- Upon acceptance to the Guarantee Scholars Program, scholars will be required to sign an annual success contract that outlines the engagement expectations for the upcoming academic year with the program. Without upholding program engagement expectations each year, scholars risk losing their position in the program.
Financial Support Details
- As a Guarantee Scholar, you may receive a Federal Work-Study (FWS) award within your financial aid package. All Federal Work-study positions can be found online at Handshake. Each job listing will contain a description, requirements, and contact information.
- Scholars will have a financial aid package that may include up to $3,500 in subsidized loans each year. Learn more here: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/types/loans/subsidized-unsubsidized.
Maintaining Full-Time Status
- Being a full-time student is required for Guarantee Scholars throughout the program. To be considered as a full-time student, you need to be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours a semester.