Students in the Guarantee Scholars Program will be held to additional expectations. Below you will find things to be considered if interested in this program. Please read the brief descriptions below:
Early Move-In Possibility For Welcome Program
- Traditionally First-Year Guarantee Scholars are required to attend a three day welcome program that takes place the Wednesday-Friday before classes begin. If in person programming is permitted scholars will move in on that Wednesday morning to be able to attend the full program.
Managing Community Learning Expectations
- As a first year Guarantee Scholar students will be expected to engage in community learning experiences with peers. During the first year these include, but are not limited to, 2 weekend Leadership Retreats, Academic Skills Workshops, meetings with Guarantee staff and mentors. Experiences will work around your class schedule but scholars are expected to fully engage.
Financial Support Details
- As a Guarantee Scholar you may received work-study within your financial aid package which means working a 10 hour per week position on campus. Positions will be selected or developed based on your strengths and skills with flexible schedules.
- Scholars will have a financial aid package that may includes $3,500 in subsidized loans. Learn more here: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/types/loans/subsidized-unsubsidized.
Maintaining Full-Time Status
- Being a full-time student is required for Guarantee Scholars throughout the program. To be considered as a full-time student, you need to be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours a semester.