In order to be eligible for the UNCG Guarantee, the student must meet all of the following criteria:
- Admitted to UNCG for Fall Enrollment
- North Carolina resident
- Received a combined SAT score of 1100 or above on the Critical Reading and Mathematics sections OR an ACT composite score of 23 or above
- Graduated from high school within the past eight months of your first enrollment at UNCG
- Enroll full-time during the regular academic year
- Financial Need: determined by information provided on the student’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The family income and household size are factors in determining the student’s level of need and the estimated family contribution. These are measures we use in partnership with the Financial Aid Office to determine eligibility for UNCG Guarantee.
- Must qualify and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
In an effort to lower the amount of ineligible applications, we ask that you complete the UNCG Guarantee Eligibility Screening to help us determine if you are an eligible candidate for the UNCG Guarantee Scholarship Program for the 2017-2018 school year.
Please read all questions thoroughly before answering. You cannot save your application and return later to finish it. You must complete it in its entirety in one sitting. Priority consideration will be given to those who apply before February 1, 2017. The application is scheduled to close May 1, 2017.
Once eligibility has been determined, an exclusive link to the official UNCG Guarantee Scholarship Program Application will be emailed to you. The application will ask you to write an essay and include two recommendation letters from an academic and extracurricular source. NOTE: Recommendation letters should not be completed by a family member.