The Guarantee Scholars Program is more than just a financial scholarship. We provide our scholars with four main pillars of support throughout their time in the program: Financial Support, A Vibrant Community, Academic Planning and preparation, and Community Learning Experience.
We strive to continually develop our program into a holistically developmental approach to your college experience, offering Access to Opportunities for Success.
UNC Greensboro provides each scholar with an outstanding financial aid package to help scholars graduate from UNC Greensboro in four years with minimum debt. Scholars receive a financial aid package that provides them up to the standard estimated cost of attendance which includes tuition and fees, standard on-campus room and board, and other educational expenses.
In addition, we tailor your fourth year in the program around financial Literacy to help equip you with strong financial management skills to aid you post-graduation.
The Guarantee Scholars Program is a cohort-based program that focuses on cultivating a vibrant community across all 4 cohorts of scholars and with our alumni. Our Guarantee Council creates community programming that brings scholars together for social, service, and wellness engagements throughout the year. Some of the recurring programs that are coordinated by this group are Destress Week, Monthly Service Projects, Movie Nights, and Spring Talent Show.
Academic Planning and Preparation
UNC Greensboro provides a host of academic support services to all students and UNCG Guarantee works to ensure that Guarantee Scholars are utilizing the resources needed to build academic habits for success.
- Academic Skill Building Workshops
- Guarantee Group Study Sessions
- Staff Office Hours
- Starfish Early Alert Notifications
- Academic Recovery Planning
- Academic & Financial Aid Appeal Support
Community Learning Experiences
To fully experience college students must take advantage of learning that takes place beyond the classroom. As a Guarantee Scholar, students will participate in unique cohort experiences that help them explore strengths and develop the skills needed to be successful beyond UNC Greensboro. These experiences include but are not limited to:
- 1st Year: Students will gain leadership development through two leadership retreats that engage them in the Bronze Leadership Challenge curriculum.
- The first year is a also big adjustment for students in many ways! For this reason, first-year scholars are paired with not only a mentor from the UNC Greensboro community but also a Cohort Captain, a peer mentor from the Guarantee Program, to assist them through their college transition.
- 2nd Year: Students will gain skills focused on their professional and career development by attending a series of workshops facilitated by our partners in the Office of Career and Professional Development.
- We know that the college transition is not always complete after year one, so we
pair each second-year scholar with a PEP Leader to continue their mentorship during year two.
- 3rd Year: Scholars will learn how to engage across differences through attending a series of interactive workshops facilitated by UNCG Scopes, participating in Spartans-In-Dialogue, and practicing critical reflection. These initiatives are supported in partnership with the Office of Intercultural Engagement.
- 4th Year: In their final year, scholars will work closely with the program Director to identify and work towards their post-graduation goals while attending Financial Literacy sessions to hone their money skills to help them navigate their finances and manage their money responsibly.